One thing to learn the hard way is: you have to own your crap. What you do, what you say, who you hurt; you have to own all of it.

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Jantan Sejati



Do you know how much pride I take in having all these hideous bruises? People love labelling me 'sissy' but that does not stop me from kicking and hitting my opponents in the Taekwondo ring. Mum wants me to play basketball since childhood because most guys out there show off their masculinity by sweating and running around and attracting the opposite sex's attention by flexing their muscles. Dad expects me to be like him; capable of fixing light bulbs, car engine and enduring the tiresome ordeal of gardening. I am sorry. I cannot be someone I am not meant to be. The least I can do to be a man is to protect the people I love from being hurt. That explains it all why I like Taekwondo to this extent of being injured so badly. There may come a day when I need to make use of the self-defense skills to keep my girl friends, sister or my mum from being hurt. Who knows macho guys may need me too?
A guy does not need a muscular body figure.
A man does not need to be athletic. A manly instinct lies in its nature of being defensive and loyal to those who he cares. I care not not to be a guy you expect me to be as it is shallow to stereotype a gender. I would do whatever it takes to keep my beloved ones from harm. This is what makes me a man; perhaps more manly than any of the egoistic guys out there who love to belittle men of different behaviour and exploit the ladies who are of the same gender as their mothers.
But there is a man we all have to look up to, that is our every own father. A Father: Someone we can look up to no matter how tall we get.
Looking forward to the Taekwondo friendly match next week. :)

4 comments:

  1. Yea...vliang, you're real man >)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol. i remember you'd say this sarcastically every time we got ambushed by cockroaches and I managed to kill them in the DMC store room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yo~ Just drop by to say hello =D Mind if I link you in my blog list??

    ReplyDelete
  4. seriously,every time you killed the cockroahces and protect me like a real man (In my heart)even though you scared to cockroach.. :)

    ReplyDelete